INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL [IQAC]
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution's system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelise the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
- Prof. Dilip Kumar Rana, Director, Chairman
- Dy. Director,CIFSS, Member
- Dr. V.R . Manoj, Asst. Director, Coordinator
- Dr Bholanath Dash, Deputy Director, Member
- Prof. C.M. Krishnan, Member, M. G. University
- Ms. Saralakumari N. D., Research Fellow, Member
- Dr. C. P. Ambika, Research Fellow, Member
- Mr. Shivashankar Nair, Accountant, CIF, Member
- Mr. Viswanath Iyer, Manager, CIF, Member
- Accountant, CIFSS, Member
The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution and to promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
The IQAC shall have the following functions
- Development and application of quality benchmarks parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a research environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory research and learning process.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher research.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- 5. Documentation of the various activities of CIFSS, leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the CIFSS based on the parameters quality assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, or any other quality control body.
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-keeping cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all faculties shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annually.
- Any other assignment by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan or affiliated University.
- 1. The AQAR shall be approved by the statutory bodies of CIFSS (such as Academic Committee, Managing Committee) for the follow up action for necessary quality enhancement measures.
- 2. The Institute shall regularly submit the AQAR to the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan and NAAC or other accreditation bodies.
- 3. The IQAC must create its exclusive window on its institutional website, to regularly report on its activities, as well as for hosting the AQAR.
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in Chinmaya International Foundation Sodha Samsthan.
NAAC Reports, Meeting details, Promotion under CAS