Chinmaya International Foundation brings you ‘Īśāvāsayam Idaṁ Sarvam’, an online camp on ‘Īśāvāsya Upaniṣad’ with Śāṅkara-bhāṣya, commentary by Śrī Ādi Śaṅkara. This online camp will be conducted by Br. Ved Chaitanya in English through Zoom app over two consecutive weekends on 18th-19th and 25th-26th July, 2020, with multiple sessions on each day.
Chinmaya International Foundation brings you ‘Īśāvāsayam Idam Sarvam’, an online camp on ‘Īśāvāsya Upaniṣad’ with Śāṅkara-bhāṣya, commentary by Śrī Ādi Śaṅkara. This online camp will be conducted by Br. Ved Chaitanya in English over two consecutive weekends on 18th-19th and 25th-26th July, 2020 with multiple sessions on each day.
The camp will be conducted online through the Zoom app. The login credentials and the guidelines will be provided to the campers who have registered for the camp.
Highlights of the Camp
There will be a total of 16-20 sessions. The daily session timings (IST) are as follows: 7:00-8:00 am, 10:00-11:00 am, 4:30-5:30 pm, 7:00-8:00 pm Additionally, doubt clarification sessions will be conducted as per the campers’ requirement.
Camp Text – Īśāvāsya Upaniṣad
The Great Ṛṣis of the Upaniṣads explain to us that the life is to be lived for the purpose of improving ourselves to reach the state of pure Consciousness. The Upaniṣads are the sacred scriptures of which the Īśāvāsya Upaniṣad is a brief poem of 18 mantras discussing about the Self (Ātman). According to the Indian tradition, it is the first Upaniṣad that a seeker learns. The Sanskrit term ‘Īśāvāsayam’ literally translates to ‘enveloped by the Lord’ and refers to the all-pervasive Brahman. The study of this text along with the Śāṅkara-bhāṣya makes the learning complete and holistic. The commentary helps the seeker to understand the real essence of the mantras along with their in-depth meaning.
Br. Ved Chaitanya comes from a family steeped in the Chinmaya Mission. An electronics and telecommunication engineer from Pune, he withdrew from work in TCS to follow his heart. He received Brahmacarya Dīkṣā in 2013. Cheerful, kind-hearted, and a scholarly student of Sanskrit and Vedānta, his particular interest is in the application of Vedānta in daily life.
Mode of camp: Online
Camp Donation: ₹ 3500/US$ 50
Contact Details: Call us on: +91 92077 11136 / +91 92077 11137 / +91 484 2747307 Email us: email@example.com
Topic: Īśāvāsya Upaniṣad
Age Bracket: 18 above
Related to Camp Registration
1. If I registered for this event, how do I get any further information regarding the camp? A. On successful registration, you will receive an email from CIF two days prior to the camp with the user guidelines.
2. Can I use a credit card to make the payment? A. Yes. You can use a credit card. To do so, you must select the ‘Online Payment’ mode.
3. How can I pay for this camp? A. Click on the ‘Proceed to Pay’ option. Choose your payment mode – Online/Offline. If you select Online mode, you will be directed to the online payment gateways. On selecting the Offline mode, you will receive our account details by email.
4. Can I make the payment through Google Pay/Paytm/PhonePe/QR code?A. Yes. When you select the ‘Online Payment’ option, you will have two choices, which are namely, Razorpay and CCAvenue. You can go ahead with Razorpay, which will enable you to make the payment through the above mentioned payment apps.
5. If I want to register for more than one person, which option should I select?A. If you want to register for more than one person, choose the ‘Group Registration’ option before making the payment.
Related to Camp Sessions
1. If I miss one session, is there any option to get the recorded sessions? A. Yes. You will have access to the recordings of all sessions.
2. Where can I find the guidelines to access the sessions? A. You will receive the user guidelines two days prior to the camp.
3. How can I access the live sessions?A. The Live sessions on Zoom can be accessed through the link given on the website. On successful registration, we will send you the user guidelines through email.
4. Do I have to watch the missed session before attending the next one?A. Preferably yes. This will help you in maintaining continuity throughout the camp, along with a better comprehension of the text.
5. Which text should be followed while attending the session?A. You may purchase the copy of ‘Īśāvāsya Upaniṣad’ published by Central Chinmaya Mission Trust. The PDF document with Śāṅkara-bhāṣya will be made available to you on successful registration.
6. Once the camp is over, will the recorded sessions be available?A. Yes. The online sessions will be available up to one month after the camp is over.
7. Will there be interactive/doubt clarification sessions during the camp?A. Yes. According to the need, the doubt clarification sessions will be planned post dinner.