The library holds an extensive, unique collection of over 17,000 knowledge resources, reflecting the multi-dimensional and interdisciplinary nature of Sanskrit and Sanskrit literature, Veda and Vedangas, Indian Philosophies, Vyakarana, Kosa, Ayurveda,
Sangita, Dharmashastra, Mathematics, Rituals, Encyclopedias, and bibliographies; biographies and autobiographies; monographs, and atlases, Jaina, Bauddha, Ramayana, Mahabharata, and Hindi, Malayalam and English literature, etc. The volumes in the Library
have been donated by many devotees, scholars and also purchased to enrich the collection. Acquisition of several personal collections has further enriched the library. These relates to illustrious scholars who have made path-breaking contributions in
the field of Sanskrit and related studies, they are: Prof. K V Ramakrishnacharyulu and Prof. R. Balasubramanian.
The reference library has an array of primary and secondary material in the broad areas of humanities and arts with 3500 Indian manuscripts in Sanskrit and Malayalam languages and in Devanagari, Malayalam, Grantha scripts which in Paper and Palm-leaf materials covering the almost subjects of Indic studies.
As well as making these resources available, this web site is being continuously upgraded to provide links to other data bases and institutes that compliment its mission. Online research through these links is an added advantage.
Facilities at CIF
Annakshetra - Dining Hall
- Heritage Hall with comfortable seating capacity for 100 participants
- Conference hall with comfortable seating capacity for 200 participants
- AC/ Non-AC accommodation facility available for 200 persons
- Well-equipped kitchen that serves Kerala-style saatvik vegetarian food
- Well-equipped library having books on Sanskrit and Indology
- Business Centre to meet your internet, fax, printing and scanning needs
- Transportation to and from airport/ station/ Kochi city can be arranged on request
- Visit to ancient temples like Guruvayur and site-seeing tours to places like Fort Kochi and Alleppey backwaters, which fall in 60kms range, can be arranged.