The IQAC shall have the following functions
- Development and application of quality benchmarks parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a research environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory research and learning process.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher research.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various activities of CIFSS, leading to quality improvement.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the CIFSS based on the parameters quality assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, or any other quality control body.
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-keeping cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all faculties shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annually.
- Any other assignment by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan or affiliated University.