Master Gita Master Life Course
The Mahabharata rightly declares: Gītā sugītā kartavyā kimanyaiḥ śāstravistaraiḥ – If you master the Bhagavad Gita, what is the need for a pile of Scriptures?” This is justly so for the timeless message of the Bhagavad Gita that was given by Lord Krishna to Arjuna in the battlefield of life is the very essence of all the scriptures – the Vedas, the Upanishads, the Mahabharata and so on. Immensely practical and thus the most popular of the scriptural texts through the millennia the Bhagavad Gita is an unparalleled self-transformation tool. Mastering the wisdom of the Gita one truly masters the mind, life and the world.
The programme will cover all 18 chapters in 20 months (additional 1 month each for the 2nd and 18th chapters). All the verses of the Bhagavad Gita will be detailed through discourses, followed by group discussions, Q&A sessions, and meditation sessions. Participants will also be taught Gita chanting. What greater fortune can there be than to study the Bhagavad Gita at the very birth home of Adi Sankaracharya, the abode of the Chinmaya International Foundation! For those who can not be physically present at the venue, we also have the online mode to attend this wonderful programme!!
- Bhagavad Gita is a time-tested manual for self-mastery.
- This course will help everyone study Bhagavad Gita in depth. There will be lectures to make us understand the intricacies of the subject; group discussion sessions to reflect on the important topics; doubt clarification session to get clarity and meditation sessions to allow the knowledge to get assimilated. There will also be a small test to revise our learning.
- This course is meant for ‘busy people’. It is well-spaced to give everyone sufficient time to learn and digest the supreme knowledge. You just have to take out 11 to 12 hours in every month according to your schedule to listen and study.
- In case it is not possible for you to watch the sessions live on the second Saturday and Sunday, you can watch the sessions before the next month’s camp.
- It is twenty months of austerity and resolve to transform your life.
- Should we sincerely follow the essence of teachings of Bhagavad Gita, it would take away our anger, jealousy, and stress. It will metamorphose us into new personalities where we realize that we are born to live happily and contentedly.
- Those who register for the onsite camp will experience heaven descended on earth. In the beautiful, serene place where Sri Adi Sankaracharya was born, is the actual venue. Only those who have done some ‘punya’ in the previous lives, get such a chance!
An accomplished teacher of Vedanta, Swami Advayananda has authored several books and courses at CIF. Swamiji was part of the team that researched and coordinated the Upanishad Ganga tele-serial that was broadcast by Doordarshan. He served as Acharya for two Vedanta Courses – the first in Tamil-English at Sandeepany Vidyamandir, Coimbatore and the second in English at Sandeepany Sadhanalaya, Mumbai. In the last decade, CIF has significantly expanded the publications and research work under Swamiji's guidance.Br. Ved Chaitanya
Br. Ved Chaitanya comes from a family steeped in service in the Chinmaya Mission. An electronics and telecommunication engineer from Pune, Vedji withdrew from work in TCS to follow his heart: he received Brahmacharya Diksha in 2013. Cheerful, kindhearted, and a scholarly student of Sanskrit and Vedanta, his particular interest is in the application of Vedanta in daily life. He will be assisting Swami Advayanandaji in this programme.
CIF welcomes anyone who wishes to bring about a qualitative improvement in their way of life to take up this course. Though Sanskrit verses are provided for further reference, knowledge of Sanskrit is not required as the medium of instruction is English.
Home Study Courses
Chinmaya International Foundation
Adi Sankara Nilayam
Pin - 682313, Kerala, India.